Re: [ST] Heated grip install - this can't be right?

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Anderson, Neil G (CPR) wrote:

> Colt4530 wrote:
>
> >Forgive me for seeming rude, but why would anyone *want* heated grips?
> >
> >John
> >Southeast Tennessee
>
> Probably to keep their hands warm enough to give a good hard smack to smug
> people who never have to ride in rain and snow!

The that should interest all, and I don't know if he is
listening, are people like Bill F. who live in ClearWater FL,
where the avarage low temperature is somewhere near 90 deg.
still swear by them.

I guess if you never ride below 60 deg. F, then you don't need
them. But if you are a RIDER, and not just a poser, they allow
you to wear thinner gloves in the cold and wet, and simply make
you a safer rider in the non-optimum weather conditions.

I am a RIDER, and I could not have a primary ride that does not
have heated grips. Think of a heated jacket and grip as the
heater in your car. You might not use it every day, but when you
do, its oh so nice.

:-)

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 18 months old, 25,100 miles)
 '00 Yamaha WR400F
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s (last count 14 days, 403 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500