Re: [ST] crash followup(Re: damage assessment)

On Thursday, October 10, 2002, at 09:03  pm, Brian D wrote:

> The other good news is that Dairyland has already contacted me with
> settlement dollar amounts.  4 days after my accident (3 days after
> contacting them), they had an adjuster at my house, and after less
> than 10 business days are ready to send me the final paperwork so they
> can cut a check.  I give them high marks.  I just shudder to think how
> much my rates will go up because of this claim.

I called my broker and was given the 0800 number for Norwich Union's
claims line. Spoke for a while to them, gave all the details and they
suggested a nearby shop. The shop called me 15 mins later and said they
couldn't do it as they weren't Triumph dealers. NU called me about the
same thing so I said I would get Lilleys to handle it. Lilleys came and
collected the bike the same day and called me a week later to say it
was ready and that they would need the £250 excess. When I said that I
still couldn't ride they said they would bring it round and it was back
within the hour.

I didn't fill in a single form or sign anything.

My rates are unaffected as part of the NU package is a protected NCB.

The bad news is that at my 4 week checkup there was little sign of the
bone healing so it will be at least another month before I can start
using my arm again.

Dave