RE: [ST] intro

Thanks Cheryl, If you see Randy let him know I made it home OK.  I sent him
a letter, but one never knows if they arrive.

I did make it to Hyder, Alaska.  It was the 'point' o the trip, if one has
to have a reason for riding.  Another time, I will try for Whitehorse and
other points North.  The best thing about B.C. roads was how good they are
compared to many of our local mountain roads.  The pavement was generally
smooth, the striping was visible, the curves predictable.  I saw three LEO's
(Law enforcement Officers) from the time I left New Mexico till I crossed
back into New Mexico.  That last 200 miles, I saw 11 LEO's.  No performance
awards for me this trip.

Even the border crossings were painless.  I crossed at low traffic
crossings, which has always helped.  They now stop you on the US side going
into Canada as well as the Canadian side.  Canada only seemed concerned that
there wasn't a body in my saddle bags - she reckoned I didn't have enough
room and passed me through with the usual how long, any weapons questions.
The US on both crossings ran my plate but viewed my ID only upon returning.
BTW, I never needed it, but I did get a Canada non-resident insurance card
from my insurance company before the trip.

Take a look at my web site for my trip pictures   www.danwallander.com.  I
also host the New Mexico HSTA web site which has more motorcycling content
www.danwallander.com/hsta.htm.

Dan Wallander
'99St
'74 R90/6

Thanks for the reply. 6k miles in 13 days is definately a test. I find that
a gel filled "stadium seat" is a huge help for consecutive long days. B.C.
has some awesome mo'cycle roads, hope you were able to ride a few. I live in
Prince George, and I know Randy at the Honda shop, I'll tell I was "talking"
to you. Did you make it to Hyder Alaska? My husband and I host a 3 day ride
to Hyder every year, the scenery is amazing, with some near perfect roads.
The farther north you get, local law enforcement becomes nonexistant so
those annoying little performance awards become less of a worry.

Cheryl