Re: [ST] intro

Welcome Cheryl.  Interesting how many ZX9R owners are interested in Sprints
over the years.  I can't help with a comparison between the bikes but I can
pass along my thoughts.

I had a 1999 Sprint ST.  Purchase in April '99.  Traded in the '99 with
45,155 miles on it for an '02 Sprint ST in March of this year.  The '02 now
has 20,000 miles on it, including a 4,000 mile week and 1/2 at the end of
June that took me from St Louis, MO, to Montrose, CO to Hot Springs, AR and
home.  I felt the stock seat on the '99 was about done at 18k miles.  I've
been using the same Sargent on both bikes since.  I rather liked the stock
seat form, so I just had their "Atomic Foam" put in.  Other than a rather
odd fluke fuel injector issue.  I believe it was the throttle position
sensor had drifted out of adjustment.  I have thoroughly enjoyed these bikes
doing everything from interstate touring, to commuting, to a recent
trackday.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
<<
Hi,
  Just a short note to introduce myself. I currently ride (and tour on ) a
'99 ZX9R.  I live in central B.C., Canada. I'm in "want" of a new touring
mount. As much as I love my 9R, I find myself entertaining desires like,
better coverage, hard bags, a seat that doesn't encourage use of the word
"brutal".  The Sprint ST is a bike that has caught my interest. I'll lurk
awhile and use the long winter ahead to make my decision.

Cheryl

End of st-digest V2002 #578