RE: [ST] intro

Hi Cheryl,

I've not done any long-distance touring yet, but I plan to.  I was tooling
around on my ST this weekend, and the best phrase I can come up with to
describe the ST is "confidence inspiring".  Regardless of where I've been on
it, I feel secure, planted, and in control of the bike.

I ride on occasion with other people from my work on a variety of bikes, and
on two separate occasions and from two separate people, my riding was
described as "smooth".  I know my piloting skills have improved greatly over
the last two years, but I owe some proportion of that compliment to the bike
underneath me.  The power(-at-any-RPM) band is phenomenal, whether that is
on small tight twisties or on big sweepers, or on open highway.  Bike is
pretty much stock, and I plan to keep it that way, but it sounds like some
people have been able to get even better performance from adding different
silencers, tunes, and final drive sprockets.  So however you go, you
definitely won't be disappointed.

I can't vouch for the ZX-9r to ST comparison, but I can vouch for the ST
being a fantastic machine.  I hope you join in the fun...and soon!  Sorry to
hear about having to take the winter off.  I lived in Minnesota for a few
years and know what it's like.  :-)