[ST] Been thinking about these.....gore-tex

All this talk about rain gear got me thinking...

Been looking to buy these Motoport Pants:

http://www.motoport.com/detail.asp?InStock=1&PriceCall=0&Merchant_ID=G7Y9CEYc&Product_ID=102.516&Merchant_Company=Pants%20Gear&Category=Cordura/Nylon

They come with a optional insulated Gore-tex liner @
$99 xtra. The goretex wouldn't give u a wedgy like the
PVC pants.

I was wondering if I could substitute something like
Military spec gore-tex rain pants and be just as good:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=721361389

I almost don't want the insulation the Motoport rain
liners gives u, especially if it's raining in the
summer and I usually layer up myself with long johns
and what not.

Just looking for some opinions and trying to save some
$ and see if anyone has had any experience with these
gore-tex mil. spec liners to see if they keep the rain
out.

Thanks,

Bryce