[ST] Twas 35 degrees out tonight and my gear didn't cut it! :-p

Well as you can read in my previous post I just
ordered a bunch of new cold weather layers, but
obviously they haven't been delivered yet.  But I do
have a new Motoport Ultra II Cordura jacket with
seperate Gore-tex and thermoloft liners to test out.

So I threw on:

- -Nike DRI-fit spandex type shirt
- - Silk/lycra stretch shirt
- - two cotton long sleeve T-shirts
- - Motoport Thermoloft liner
- - rain/wind proof Motoport Goretex liner
- - jeans
- - cheap, thin fleece pants
- - JR Phoenix pants
- - two pairs of socks
- - silk/lycra glove liners
- - regular sportbike gloves

Well I was fine for about the 1st 45 minutes, but
after that my fingers were starting to freeze, but
mangeable.  Stopped at a 24 hour Dunken Donuts and
left five minutes later.  On the ride home on the
highway fingers really started to bother me.  My
finger were burning a bit when I first got in, not a
great sign, hehe.

Conclusions with this gear:

- - silk gloves liners are not only not warm enough, nor
tough enough to last, but too slipperly to use.
- - try to wear pants with no belt, gets in the way with
all those layers
- - Motoport Jacket blocked all wind and my core and
arms were great, just a bit bulky, but should be
better when I get the thinner cold weather gear in.

Happy riding!

Bryce