RE: [ST] for Zhao - dubble bubble equals trouble

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'd steer clear of the ZG dubble bubble
screen anyway.  The plexi is much more thin than the stock ST screen...I'd
imagine it is the same for the RS screen.

The thin plastic, and poor fit made for a troublesome install for me...a
very annoying buzz at around between 3k and 4k rpm.  I checked mounting
screw tightness, checked the two finish pieces on the inside of the
windshield placed medium density foam-rubber weather stripping between the
mounting screw holes on the outside of the screen...the best result I could
come up with was a reduction in the buzzing...but it still persisted.  So it
wasn't loose screws, or poor install.  In the end, after allowing the buzz
to work a nice rut into the plexi, I found where the screen was touching the
inside of the fairing.  After placing a small piece of foam over that spot,
it is gone.  Minor pain in the ass, but pain none the less.  If I decide to
keep it for the long term, I'll get a plastic dremel attachment for my
rotozip and "customize" the screen, since IMO padding is only ever a
temporary solution.

I know lots of people love them because it came highly recommended...but I'm
not so hot on this ZG screen because of the trouble it gave me.  I imagine
that all of the ZG screens are of the more thin plexi, so the potential for
them to be a pain may come with any ZG screen.  I've also heard of other
owners of other bikes from other makers having trouble with the
dubble-bubble.

Looks cool, but if I knew I would have gone through this annoyance, I would
not have shelled out for it.  I would have kept on searching.  Right now,
I'm living with it.

There's my opinion...hope you end up enjoying what ever you get.  And since
I don't know diddly about what ZG offers for the RS, you may want to ignore
me anyway.  :-)

Peter '01 BRG ST