Re: [ST] Texas Raid Ralley-The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

>  Fortunately for them a couple in our group had EMT training
>and didn't sustain life threatening injuries but unfortunately both bikes
>were total losses.

When I joined the Ferndale Volunteer Fire Department, I was offered
the chance to take an EMT class at the department's expense. I just
took the midterm last night and hope to be certified in December.
Group riding has always made me want to know more about first aid
procedures so I'm glad to finally be doing it. The EMT class is
pretty intense, but if your area offers either the First Responders
or a similar first aid class, it would be a skill well worth
obtaining. I'm also glad I'm doing it on a volunteer basis, because
in our county you can make also as much money flipping burgers as an
EMT does. Sure doesn't seem right that when an ambulance ride to the
hospital can end up costing you several hundred dollars, the guy
saving your live is making 7.50/hour.
- --
Matt Knowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - www.aestheticdesign.com - (707) 786-4643