[ST] Good, Bad and Ugly

Scott wrote:
<<
Simply being "fast" is not a sufficient
measure of a person's proficiency at riding
motorcycles, but unfortunately, it is the most readily
apparent and obvious factor to observers.

An excellent point, Scott.  I used to work with a
fellow (long since retired) who at the time he retired
had ridden for 50 years WITHOUT going down (on the
street).  That was 10 years ago and AFAIK he is still
mishap-free.  I don't know if he still rides as much
as he used to but he used to ride many thousands of
miles per year.  I believe he has ridden in every
state in the continental US.  If you ask me, that is
the definition of a "good" rider.  Make that a great
rider.  Although I had started riding before I met
him, he "adopted" me and would copy and highlight
safety articles out of MCN and other sources and
stressed the whole aspect of Proficient Motorcycling
to me.  What a great guy.

Randy
'00 RS