Re: [ST] Sprockets and Chain Maintenance

O.K., I ordered a 17 tooth front sprocket from my Triumph dealer.  It
was $64.95 minus my smile induced discount.  It better have some sort of
rubber damper for that price.  My bunch is sort of clueless and I ended
up asking what sprocket is on a 955i Daytona.  It was a 17 tooth!  They
apparently have 17/42 cogsets.

I also ordered a pair of Bohn Armor shorts to wear under my jeans.  Men
don't wear leather pants in Tennessee!  :-)  My birthday is in a few
days.  With luck, the wife bought an armored bike jacket I hinted for.
I'll be all set!  Can't let my record get ruined by using all that
armor, though.

John

Brad Applegate wrote:
>   I changed to a 17t sprocket on my '00 ST last summer and haven't
> looked back since.

Go with the 17 tooth, you won't regret it - unless you plan to do some
long distance high-speed cruising. I went to the 17 tooth front sprocket
about 6000 miles ago. Very happy with it.  Makes the bike a lot more
manageable in city traffic, so I don't have to be slipping the clutch so
much.