Re: [ST] Re: st-digest V2002 #590

Well tonight I had to get out and try my cold weather
stuff tonight, the thermometer said 39 when I left, 37
when I returned.

Here's what I wore:

1 polypro glove liners
1 GP Star sportbike gloves
2 stretch lycra long sleeves.
1 lycra/duo-fold stretch shirt
1 Motoport Thermoloft liner
1 Fleece Vest
1 Motoport Gore-tex liner
1 Motoport Ultra II Cordura Jacket
1 lycra/duo-fold stretch leggings
1 expedition weight fleece pants
1 gore-tex pants liner
1 Joe Rocket Phoenix Pants

Here is what I learned on a 2 1/2 hour ride on the
highway:

- - The amount of layers u can wear is limited by what
will fit in your sleeves.
- -Wearing lower pants clothing w/out a belt is more
comfy as u add more layers, especially after you've
just ate.
- - Gloves liners and sportbike gloves will last about 1
1/2 hours.
- - Going 125 for a few minutes will zap the heat out of
your hands quicker than doing 75 for an hour.
- - my arms, core, legs were perfectly fine, could go
all day long.
- - the gore-tex shells blocked all wind wonderfully.
- - feet with cotton socks and polypro socks just start
to get cold after 2 1/2 hours.
- - Ear plugs will become very hard @ this temp when u
put them on your tank to fill up at the gas station.
- - I will make my own electric glove liners rather than
install heated grip kit.
- - People look at u funny, actually are they do
double-takes.
- - 1/4 miles tunnels are very fun w/ an aftermarket
exhaust.
- - Looks can be deceiving, was merging onto the highway
behind a new Mercury Marauder, and pulled up along
side the car to find grandma driving.  I felt bad for
her...thought some sleazy sales guy pushed it on her
and she paid for something she'll never even come
close to using to it's fullest. (I used to see this
with Taurus SHOs) 10 seconds after passing her, she
comes flying by in the fast lane, blows by me and I
never saw her again.  HAHA.

Have a nice wknd everyone... Bryce