[ST] kimpex install - success

Took about 6 hours all told (gathering parts, figuring out circuit,
cutting dash-must get secret to cutting holes!) but I think it was a basic
success on installing the first pair of Kimpex grip heaters to the ST.

I installed the grips in series for low and parallel for high so as not to
waste power/heat with the resistor the Kimpex comes with.  I also used one
of those nice illuminated rockers available from Electrical Connection.
The little bar lights full and the big square lights halfbright on low,
the bar is dark and the square is bright on hi.  This wiring also gives
about 10% or so more power to the left grip on low as a side effect which
is ok.

These switches are Carlingswitch switches, which the stock one appears to
be as well.  They come in a variety of styles/functions etc. and have
various actuators and symbols available.  But we need to find a cheaper
source that also has access to the acuatators and symbols...

BUT I'm gonna have to go back in to add a relay after finding out that the
power to the OEM heater connector is not switched already.  D'oh!  Does
the stock kit come with a relay in it's kit?  If so where do they instruct
you to place it?  Also guessing that the orange/green wire must be the
relay trip (coil) line, can anyone confirm?

Some info on that would be greatly appreciated.  Can't wait to try 'em out
this weekend!

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail