[ST] RE: st-digest V2002 #593

I dropped my bike on Saturday in front of a large group of people - did
enough damage to be noticeable.  I was obviously livid with myself and I
felt such a twat, and I was so annoyed that it was going to cost so much
to put right.  I went on a ride the next day - wasn't going to go but I
thought riding was better than hiding, and one of they guys there tells
me that he dropped his the first day !! Had a great time - very very
cold though in NH and it made me feel alive again - the bike will get
fixed eventually.

I get into work today and read the posts I had missed - I never met Eric
but in him I recognize the same things that make me ride and quite
frankly put my spill (which was entirely my own fault) totally into
perspective - doesn't mean a thing.  Doesn't make me want to stop though
(I too feel selfish at times as I am away from home during the week
working) but I will try to slow down a little for my families sake if
nothing else...

It appears Eric's wife shared his passion for motorbikes, I hope and
pray the pain she is feeling right now will soon pass to be replaced
with great memories they had on a bike.

My deepest condolences to Jamie and Eric's children...

Soberly,

Kevin

Kevin Dicks
'02 BRG - DB's

 [ST] the story on Eric House
 [ST] selfish?
 [ST] Ride in peace Eric
 Re: [ST] Sprockets and Chain Maintenance