Re: [ST] Ride in peace Eric

Late yesterday my wife brought these messages to my attention.  I'm still
shocked and saddened by the loss of Eric.

Memories of that wonderful Rallye in 2000 will remain with me forever.  I
can still picture Eric's red ST disappearing around corners ahead of me,
always pulling further and further away from me.  Eric (and Jamie) really
demonstrated what the ST is capable of in talented hands.  I can only aspire
to ride that well, although I doubt I ever will.

What truly amazed me then (and still does today, looking back on it) was how
effortlessly Eric handled that bike.  He didn't look fast -- no show of
speed -- but he so smoothly carried the speed he had through every corner,
with Jamie hugging his back, that it left every rider in our group in awe.
He, above any rider I've ever met, demonstrated the technique of riding "The
Pace".

Eric was not only an excellent rider, but off the bike he was a friendly and
thoroughly enjoyable companion.  To my eye, it was obvious that he and Jamie
were very much in love.

Most days disappear into the blur of the past.  A rare few days stand out
because of something special that happened.  And even rarer are those days
when the fates smile on us and we are granted the gift of a really good day.

Riding the Blue Ridge with Eric and Jamie, Eric Miner and Tom Emberson in
August of 2000, we were given the gift of a pair of exceptionally good days.
I'll treasure the memory of those days, and the memory of the leader of our
pack, forever.

My heart and prayers go out to Jamie and to Eric's children.

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater, FL