Re: [ST] Rear brake pad wear

Richards, Roger wrote:

>What's anti-seize?  Is it copper grease?

hmmm.. what's in a name?  a compound to reduce the likelihood of
materials seizing or galling maybe?  heh heh

permatex makes a handy little bottle of it.  less than $10.
http://www.permatex.com/motorcycle/RecProd.asp?automotive=yes&f_call=get_item&item_no=80078.

Many of the "anti seize" compounds have metals in them to increase the
working temperature.  Disk calipers never get that hot.  You can
probably get away with a lithium grease.  You might need to clean the
pins and replace the grease every time you do your rear wheel.

The reason for anti seize, and not just grease, is that many of the anti
seize compounds are resistant to moisture and salt (not that we take our
ST's swimming in the ocean, but some of us live/work/ride near salt
water).  naturally, YMMV

- --chuck
02 ST