Re: [ST] Rear brake pad wear

On Tue Oct 22 at 02:09:56 PM, Harries, Mort wrote:

> boots in the caliper.  There was old stiff grease on them, which I cleaned
> off and re-lubed them with some 80W oil (for want of anything better to
> hand!).  I was hoping that would do the trick, but it hasn't.  Maybe I need
> to use some of this "anti-seize" grease?  If anyone has a shop manual handy
> and can tell me what I'm supposed to use, and how much of it, would be
> greatly appreciated.

I suspect the grease is only stiff becuase the brake was cold.  THe brakes
can get quite hot and it's likely that the 80w oil will dissapear (run out)
when that happens.  At the very least keep an eye on it.

Wes

- --
My old sig was about Vaxen and VMS but I can't even figure out
the name of the company that owns them anymore.