RE: [ST] RE: Roof helmet was: Burning Questions

Hey all US Roof fans,

The Roof website does sell directly (http://www.roofhelmets.com).  And they
ship to the US for the fee of 25 GBP...that is roughly $40 US, depending
upon the rate of exchange at the time.

Even with shipping, that makes it a fairly competitive deal compared with
your average Arai helmet.

Trouble is, I'm not interested in buying a helmet that I haven't tried on.

Any anecdotes that can be shared about the Roof Boxer would be welcome.  It
just looks so cool!  But it looks like it has no venting.  Is that just an
optical illusion, or does it have some kind of high-tech "micro-venting"?

Also, the testimony of it being a quiet helmet is attractive.  AT highway
sppeds my Quantum/f makes it sound like I've been strapped to the body of a
747 at take-off.  Granted I wear earplugs...but still...

All for now.

Peter Chittum - '01 BRG Sprint ST