[ST] Rain-X bad??

- -----Original Message-----
From: Andrew F. Kay, Jr.

STOP!!

>>NEVER apply Rain-X (tm) to a visor or windscreen.  It will remove the
coating(s) on the base material and "dry out" the visor.  Use a
proprietary product such as Plexus (tm) or Klear 2 Sea (tm) to clean
your plexiglass and apply a coating of wax (just wax, not a cleaner/wax)
to the outer surface to help shed water.

Rain-X is for glass only.  Works great on the truck or Momma's
Bonneville... The one with the four wheels and a supercharger.<<

_____________________

I don't know where you got this information so please do enlighten me. I've
been using Rain-X on the faceshields of my Arai helmet(s), both the clear
and dark-smoke versions, for *YEARS* with no noticeable ill effects.  My
faceshields remain pliable, and the stuff works GREAT.

As a testament to that fact, many riders who've been out with me notice how
easily I change my shields, by pulling the bike over, reaching into the
Triumph tankbag where they live, and swapping over without so much as
removing my gloves, let alone taking off the helmet. Tell me I could do that
with a faceshield made brittle and/or unusable by the application of Rain-X.

I stand by Rain-X as a GOOD product and quite suitable for my Arai
faceshields. (Never felt any urge to do the windscreen on my RS. It's never
even been in my line of sight.)

Ken M.
'00 RS