Re: [ST] Rain-X bad??

At 05:42 PM 10/23/02, Ken Mitchell wrote:
>...and swapping over without so much as removing my gloves, let alone
>taking off the helmet. Tell me I could do that with a faceshield made
>brittle and/or unusable by the application of Rain-X.
>
>I stand by Rain-X as a GOOD product and quite suitable for my Arai
>faceshields. (Never felt any urge to do the windscreen on my RS. It's never
>even been in my line of sight.)

I'll stand with you Ken. I keep a Shoei face shield in the race trailer for
use at the track when it's raining. Treated with Rain-X (along with a
FogCity inner lining). Have had it for approx 3 yrs without any problems.
It's not used often but It's NOT cleaned of Rain-X between uses (takes a
while to apply the stuff so it's kept ready to go in case of sudden need).
Stays packed away in a workbench drawer until it's needed. But I've
observed absolutely no degradation in terms of opacity, brittleness, etc.

Charlie McCullough
tz250 WERA#90
'97 Duc 748
'99 Triumph Sprint ST (red)