Re: [ST] RE: "Balls to the wall"

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 09:38:17AM -0400, Bil Swartz wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Brian D wrote:
>
> > was 9 yards long.  A WWII pilot who fired all his ammo at an enemy was
> > said to "have given him the whole 9 yards."
>
> That's the way I heard it too...
>
> > Brian <--worked for 2 WWII flight sim companies in a former life
>
> Oh yeah?  Which ones?  I was a major WWII flight sim fan for a while.

Both multiplayer online sims.  Warbirds http://www.totalsims.com/ ,
which was a smaller, online-only operation.  It used to be based in
Dallas.  When the parent company tried to move everyone to raleigh,
everyone here quit.  One of the co-founders of warbirds started Aces
High, and another started WWIIOnline.

Most recently, I worked for WWIIonline.com. wwiio is actually a total
war sim.  You can fly planes, drive tanks or trucks, or be a lowly
soldier all in the same theater.  A very cool, revolutionary game that
was, unfortunately, plagued by mismanagement and poor organization.

ST content:  I'm here waiting for the truck from the salvage yard to
come pick up my bike.  :|

Laters,
Brian
- --