[ST] Re: st-digest V2002 #603

At 9:55am, Oct 25,  owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx Hath Written:

> There are 2 explanations I've heard.  The first has something to do
> with a bolt of fabric being nine yards long and expensive dresses at
> the turn of the (20th) century using the whole 9 yards.  The 2nd, and
> cooler, explanation is that the ammo (.30 cal?) belt of a P51 Mustang
> was 9 yards long.  A WWII pilot who fired all his ammo at an enemy was
> said to "have given him the whole 9 yards."

Laddy! E'ryone knows thot the troo explantion is 9 yards of fabric
fer a Kilt!  If'n ya coodn't afard the whoole nine yahrds, ya
was a poor bahstard.

If'n it ain't Scottish, it's Crrrrrraaaap!  :-)

Kevin Liske
Adapt and Overcome

   "If what America represents to the world is leadership
   in a commonweatlth of equals, then our friends are legion,".
   If what we represent to the world is empire, then it is our
   enemies who will be legion."

   Al Gore, Sept. 24, 2002