[ST] RE: rain-ex

"Your.... Highness"

Your have a few errors in your "facts."

Rain'Ex is a mixture of silicones using isopropyl alcohol and water as
the solvent.  There is no acetone in the mixture.  Isopropyl alcohol is
a fairly common solvent and is present in many glass cleaners.  It
evaporated quickly, ahs many of the solvent properties of water but has
a much lower surface tension, so it "wets" better.  In fact, it also
lowers the surface tension of water.

I don't know what the films are that are used to coat our face shields.
But I doubt if they would be attacked by such solvent systems.  Like
other listers, I have used Rain-Ex on my face shields for some time.
I've also used it on lexan headlight covers.  I have never found any
deterioration of the surfaces, any fogging, cracking, yellowing or any
other evidence that might be attributed to the use of this product.

While not royalty, I am a Chemist, taught at a local University for
several decades and had an opportunity to chat with the inventor of
Rain_Ex some years ago.

Oh, also, performing an experiment and reporting on the results is NOT
"anecdotal" evidence.

Regards,
Frank Palocsay

'00 black ST