Re: [ST] old fighters

One of the best fringe benefits of being a web designer/photographer
that I've experienced was getting an acrobatic ride  in a P-51. (Now
before all you P-51 nuts chime in that the Mustang was a single
seater, let me note that when you don't need the room for ammo, there
is room behind the pilot to put a second seat.) Loops, rolls, airport
flybys, I got the whole nine yards.

The ride reminded me so much of riding motorcycles, except with way
more 3D, and way more g-force. I'm not surprised that a high
percentage of pilots are motorcycle riders.

And if you're ever touring through Hollister on your ST, or you need
something to do while Corbin works on your seat, get on over to the
airport and sniff around the hangers. You're likely to spot a couple
of P-51s and a bunch of other antique planes.

>all the posts on the P51 stuff reminds me:
>
>one of those thoughts that wander by on a long ride - there is
>something about the cockpit of an ST that makes me think it was
>designed by the [grand?]son of the guys who penned the Supermarine
>Spitfire.

- --
Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned