RE: [ST] Re: front sprocket

Thanks Barry.  Did you change the rear also?

- -----Original Message-----
From: barry.croft [mailto:barry.croft@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 3:23 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Re: front sprocket

> Hi, I just purchased my first Triumph and I love it.  It's a '00 Sprint
RS. I was wondering if anyone has reduced a tooth on the front sprocket?  If
so, how does it feel and where did you get one? thanks, Don Cummings

Hi Don

I've gone to 18 on my RS. Many folk do, since the 19 is overgeared. It's a
standard Triumph item, in fact 18 is the stock size on most models. You
don't need to take a link out of the chain and it's easy to fit. The revs
rise maybe 5%, which you'll notice at first but soon get used to. It gives
the bike noticeably more acceleration from rest (and second-gear wheelies),
but also makes it more manageable around town and more suited to country
lanes and canyons. On my mixed town and country riding it made no detectable
difference to fuel consumption, tho if you do a lot of fast motorway work
expect to use a little more fuel. Top speed is HIGHER, as it'll now rev to
the redline in top instead of running out of steam short. I love it, and
would recommend it to anyone. Some folk even go to 17!

Barry
00RS
97S3