[ST] Other cold weather wear

In addition to the Gerbing heated Jacket Liner, I use the Gerbing Heated
Gloves, and my Triumph heated grips. (Overkill, perhaps, but the gloves keep
the back of my hands warm, the grips take care of the palms.)

For the rest of me:

I have a Turtle Fur (brand name) balaclava to cover my head & neck. I have
not been able to find a duplicate of this one I got at a motorcycle store.
It has a double layer of the Turtle Fur micro-fiber fleece for the neck
area, but a thin Lycra cover for the head. Nice, because it fits easily
under my snug-fitting Arai helmet. Because it's got that head covering, it
keeps my head a little warmer and never slips down to expose my neck to the
elements. And that Turtle Fur fleece is impermeable to the wind. Awesome
product!

I haven't got anything heated below the belt line, but I do use DuoFold
double-layer (polyester and Merino wool) long underwear under the Triumph
Frontiers pants, and have never felt at all cold even riding in 18F temps. I
may add Gerbing heated socks, but for now a Dupont ThermMax sock liner under
a pair of thick wool/polyester blend socks has worked exceptionally well.
Only after 5 or more hours in sub-20F temps do my toes start to feel any
cold. The Dainese Touring boots I have do keep any wind out. (My Sidi
Vertebra boots are, OTOH, quite breezy under the same cold conditions.)

In my helmet, I use a Fog City insert on the clear face shield. Works great,
and because they have one specially cut for the Arai, it vignettes on the
field of view only VERY marginally. However, when it's THAT cold out, I
sometimes have to lift the face shield to clear it if I've been breathing
too heavy for too long. The Arai breath deflector (replaces the standard
rubber one) does help with that too.

That's my cold weather package. It keeps me riding VERY comfortably, and
without excessive bulk, long after most of my friends have socked their
bikes away for the winter.

Ken M.
'00 RS