Re: [ST] Looking for info from RS owners

Pete I've owned two BMW oil heads. After the second I swore I'd never own
another. I love BMW's suspension the Telelver front end can't be beat the
shaft is nice and the over all fit and finish is excellent. BUT the fuel
injection surges and the boxer twin.. man you can keep that thing.. think
of a German Harley.. it is not smooth and it really hasn't much grunt.
Basically it's power band is from about 3k to 7k  it makes about 15 less HP
at the rear wheel 85 vs 100  and it really is rough above about 4500 rpm .
Also they are expensive to maintain, they need  valve adjustments every 6K
miles and they seem to have more problems than a 15K motorcycle should,
although the "s" hasn't been as bad as some of the others. If you really
need to find out if a BMW id for you try a BMW dealer they are very
accommodating on test rides. And PLEASE try and ride a K1200RS while you're
there.. if you want a Beemer that is the one to own, IMO.. I owned one of
them too :-)

Erik