[ST] Looking for info from RS owners

Pete,

1. Panniers.  Are you happy with the Triumph soft panniers?  Are they large
enough for long-distance touring?  My dealer says that Givi is now offering
hard panniers for the RS, but I was unable to confirm this on their web
site.

I love the Triumph soft bags, they have as much volume as my brothers BMW
hard bags.  If you are looking for a picture of them mounted to an RS just
let me know, I'll send you one.

2. Chain adjustment.  I was surprised that the design is a bolt and nut
combination on each side of the swing arm.  Is this a hassle for you?  Can
the chain be adjusted without a center stand?

I wouldn't advise it w/o the center stand.  But with it, it's a snap.

Overall, I've had my RS for about 18 months, 10,000 miles, and zero
problems.  Fully loaded with bags and me it gets 50mpg at 80.  Range is
around 210 before reserve, longer than I can ride without a stretch.  I'm
6-1, 190 and I feel very comfortable on the bike.  I've done very limited
mod's, but the best was probably the carbon can, what a song!

The BMW is seriously spendy ($13k).  Imagine this - I paid $7500 for my RS,
it was a dealer demo bike, w/ the $5500 left over you could buy another bike
for crissakes. I've always enjoyed the look of the R series, and the stock
rims on the 1100S are very tasty, but the $$$ are enough to keep me away. I
don't think that I could ever justify paying that much for a bike,
regardless of how much it called to me.

Like others have said, ride them both.  I don't think that it will be much
of a decision after that.

That's my 0.02.

Nate
00SprintRS