Re: [ST] Accessories for sale

>That must have taken some restraint!
Yeah, it did...but I have pretty strong survival instincts (read: I'm a big
chicken)! :) I never got much over 4.5K the first few weeks, then I
discovered the step-up at 5k and thought I was really having fun...then I
discovered 7k the other day and REALLY saw what fun could be. I don't get
that high on the rev-o-meter very often, though. Lots of city driving.

>The sprint is my third bike (counting an old hack that was broken more than
>it was running) and I was a little nervous, too. Almost bought a speed
>trip, but the practicality of the hard bags (and visions of flipping over
>one way or the other) steered me to the Sprint. The comparison I've made is
>that when you get into that powerband, the ST is like seeing the English PM
>at a soccer game - wearing a wife beater to show off his bulldog tatoo and
>beating some belgian over the head with a bottle! Instant change from staid
>citizen to houligan.
Yep, I came close to buying the S3. I found a guy letting one go cheap, and
it was tough to turn it down. But, the ST fit me better and was a much more
suitable first purchase (if you can call an ST a good first purchase).

>I like the Falco too. Also has the added attraction (for me) of being a bit
>less well publicized than the Mille - I'd rather ride an oddball than an
>elite item, I guess.
Yep, that's one of the main reasons I got interested in Triumph in the first
place. People see me with my jacket and helmet and ask what I ride, and when
I tell them "Triumph Sprint ST," they usually come back with something like
"Who makes that? Is that like a Ninja?" Part of me wants to shake my head
and sigh to myself, "God, what a muppet," but then I remember that what I
have posesses much more character and refinement than a Japanese machine,
and I grin a little inside. Maybe, just maybe, that dude will go home and
look up Triumph on the internet and realize that a CBR600F4 is not the
ultimate two-wheeled machine.

Frankly, I prefer the Falcos of a year or two ago to the new Falco-R. Yeah,
I like the extra power that comes stock with the R, but I don't particularly
like how Aprilia slapped on all kinds of stickers and went to the black and
red color scheme. The Mille espeically looks very tarted-up...like an
otherwise beautiful woman wearing too much makup. Aprilia's designs in
general, though, really catch my eye. They're exciting and exotic, and the
Aprilia brand does not yet have the snob factor of their higher-priced
cousin, Ducati. Ducati's designs, though, have never done much for me.
Aprilia I fell in love with at first sight.

Roger
'00 ST
3009 safe miles

End of st-digest V2002 #496