Re: [ST] valves and such

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, Al Garvin wrote:

> Tom,
>    Did you have access to or need the Triumph Valve Adjustment tool called
> out in the shop manual  to do your valves?  If I need one I am going to make

Very much used it for the shim I had to replace. Very much makes to job
of changing a shim very easy!

Which reminds me, new tools I picked up for the job
   -  micrometer
   -  small magetic pickup tool
   -  feeler guages, down to .05 (IIRC)

> it as I have access to a
> milling machine. I am looking for someone who has access to one and can
> measure the hole locations for me.

I'll see what I can do, but considering you have about 1-2 mm of contact
between the bucket and the leg, I don't know if I would rely on someone
elses measurements. I am fairly cheap, but honestly, give Steve @ JL a
call and pick up a set that you know will fit. I think it was 30 or 40
bucks, way too much for a tool, but on the other hand I am thinking
replacing a nicked bucket on you head would be a whole lot more than that.
YMMV, and I have make my share of tools over the years. IMNSHO.

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 14 months old, 21,400 miles)
 '00 Yamaha WR400F
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500

End of st-digest V2002 #503