[ST] Redline - engine best practices

Hey all - way back when I had bike #2, a brand new 1992 XZ-6, my dealer
mechanic told me that it was a good idea to take the bike to near red line
every time you went out (this was after I had broken it in).  He wasn't
suggesting driving the snot out of it, but simply revving it high (e.g. in 2
or 3 gear)at least once every time you took it out - if you're careful you
could even accomplish this without breaking the speed limit;)

So the question for all you triple-heads out there: is this a good idea on
the 955 as well?  My old ZX redlined at 14K, obviously much higher than the
ST.  Are short redline bursts beneficial for the triple, or make no
difference?  I don't often redline my ST, except on track days.

Scott
01 BRG