Re: [ST] Accessories

colt4530@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> "Intercoms and radio comms are big subjects. "
>
> Thanks!  I've found that out.  Sound quality is important.  That's the
> biggest reason I asked.  The Catterbox HJC-50 has all of the features I'm
> looking for, but is of suspect sound quality.  I have a pager-sized AM/FM I
> want to plug into it, for news/weather/music.  I've met one couple that had
> one and said they loved it, but wouldn't assess sound quality.

What type of intercom? 2 up or bike to bike.

I have a chatterbox tandem pro, and though I can't really complain about
it, but it's cheap and flimsy.  I used mine for 3800 of the 6000 mile
trip I just did.  Communication doesn't work too well over 80 MPH (even
with lots of mic placement fiddling).  it isn't capable of much
amplification either.  speakers on the headsets are of the "moderate"
fidelity type.

The autocom systems look to be sweet -- so do the IMCs

I would love to have a setup that is
(a) bike to bike
(b) rider to pillion
(c) music input to rider and pillion
(d) mute / override / alarm "input" for velocity fun police alert system.

The tandem pro can do most of these things, and it is inexpensive (but
not waterproof).  The headsets are cheezy and they fail.  Time to save
the pennies for a real one.

- --chuck