[ST] Top Rack, Top Box, Watertightness, and Triumph Touring Screen

phsammut@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> RE:   OK, I am thinking of adding the rear rack to the ST in hopes of some
> day
> adding the rear box.  Anyway, what is a decent price for these?  Are they
> easy to install?  And what is the best place to get them?
>
> Eric,
>
> I recently added the rack to my '01 ST.  I like to use it but if you are
> considering getting the top-box I'd suggest you get them at the same time -
> it'll cost an additional couple of hundred bucks if you get them
> separately.
> [snip]

paul, i'm not sure i'm following you. where would the
price difference come from? i've been considering the
rack/top box option for my rs. it appeared to me from
the triumph website that these were sold separately,
the top rack being part#A9508014, and the top box being
part#A9508004(-color). i thought the st/rs topbox was
the same item.

also - water tightness of the triumph top box? as well
as the givi (near)equivalent? one of the reasons i'm
considering a top box is the rainy season is just around
the corner, and i'll often need to carry a bit more
than my tankbag can accomodate. i seem to remember a
thread about leaks around the hinge bolts, and subsequent
fix? my commute is about a 1/2 hour each way, and it's
supposed to be a nice wet el-nino winter...

and one more thing, if you've gotten down this far: i'm
interested in the triumph touring screen to fit my rs.
(yeah, the big TALL one) so before i buy a new one from
steve at lilley's, if anyone has one for sale, drop me an
email with your price.

	thanks! - al.
- --
       /\ _