Re: [ST] Wiring Aux lights

> I'd like to know if anyone has added auxiliary lights and has wired them
> into the bikes headlight switch so that you can control the aux lights
with
> the highbeam.

I have PIAAs on my Speed Triple and Motolights on my ST.

Both the PIAA and motolights have a relay in the harness that you wire to an
ignition controlled hot feed. If you hook this to the highbeam positive feed
then your Aux lights will turn on and off with the highbeams.

IOW you can have any of the following.....
1] Dipped headlights only        [Aux switch in any position]
2] Highbeam only                    [Aux switch in off position]
3] Highbeam and Aux together [Aux switch in on position]

The motolights are 35W so you can leave them on all the time without
upsetting other motorists. The PIAAs are much brighter though so I have them
wired with the highbeams.

HTH,
Martin,
Ireland