RE: [ST] NEW OWNER - SYDNEY- AUSTRALIA

Harry A wrote:

" Anyway, few quirky things, on the ST and I am asking ??  The fuel gage
goes from full to just above the red zone inside 230 klm, and I have not
been pushing real hard  - yet. I stop to fill and it takes about 10 litre /
2 gal.  and goes back to full, 220 kgs or so, same thing again ??  This
can't be right.
Will this fix itself after a few more klm,  just 2500 on it now -  or have I
got a shot sender unit.  ??"

Harry,

Sounds like what my RS did when the fuel sender was bad.  It should be
replaced under warranty since it's a known problem with these bikes.  Mine's
been replaced twice.  Last time was at around 4k (miles) so I've gone a full
10k on the new (third) unit without a problem.

Get thee to a dealer.  Odds are your bike is leaking a little gas as well.

Nate
00SprintRS