From: Tom Emberson [mailto:ate_st@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: September 11, 2002 10:57 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] My vacation!

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, don draper wrote:

>  >>> I'm up in the Sierra and, if you are
> coming through anywhere near me, we could hook up for a little bit,
> maybe ride together part way to the Bay Area.

Hmm, so do I go through the Sierras, or go along PCH1?

I have been told that PCH1 takes longer than 10 hours to get from LA to
the Bay area. I would like to get to the Bay (Pittsburg) by about 8pm,
and will hopefully be done with the tire change by 10am.

The tire change should be interesting, it will definately be interesting
to see the Chaparral store.

Anyway, I also think that Mt. St. Helens will be a natural turn SE
point.  I will get up there and try to hit the roads mentioned, then
start to head towards the Western part of CO, down to the pan handle of
TX and over to Dallas.

I am going to spend some time tonight to put dots on my maps and get a
ruff idea of my route. Of course for the most part, I really don't know
where I will wind up, except I am due in Lake Elsnore Saturday
night/Sunday morning and San Jose Monday night.

To all those who would like to possible meet up and ride together for a
bit I would ask if you could send me a note with what your thinking, and
your contact information. Tomorrow night is probably going to be my last
with access to email.

Given the amount of time I have, I think I will be kept busy! Many
thanks to all that replied to me!

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 14 months old, 21,400 miles)
 '00 Yamaha WR400F
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500