From: BikerDad <BikerDadHLV@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <RS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 2:30 PM
Subject: [ST] re: Question about trees and other sight seeing in the NW

> G'morning Tom,
>
> I don't know much about the roads in Western Oregon, but my recent trip
there gave me a pretty good scoot through Eastern Oregon. I took MOST of the
suggestions of another list member and had a blast. The roads around John
Day are great, including from Burns to John Day, then points north and west.
Also, around Mt. Hood is really nice. Finally, if you decide to cruise
through the Columbia River Gorge area, you'll have the best view if you
stick to the RIVER SIDE of whichever road you're on. Thus, if you're
travelling east, you want to be on the north side of the river, if you're
heading west, you want to be on the south side.