Re: [ST] '02 SSSA recall? - RAT website

Lou
To answer your question, if Big Red got 10851ed or burned-I would buy
another one so fast it would make your head swim.  I think that Triumph
Sprint ST is the Best Motorcycle in the World.  I dont like the parts
availability any more than you do.  But, there is a bright spot as far as
dealers go.  That would be Orange County Triumph.   My dealer in Bakersfield
does not stock parts, so they have to be ordered.  Orange County however,
seems to have lots of Sprint ST parts IN STOCK.  I phone them, buy my parts
over the phone, it gets shipped that day, and I usually have them the next
day.  These folks have been great!  I took them  Big Red for the 12K
service, they let me ride their demo-a new Thunderbird-home.  I then rode
back a couple of days later and picked up Big Red.  Everything was done, and
done right.  The only thing on Big Red that does not work quite right is the
fuel gage.  It does not move off full until past 120miles.  then starts
going down quick.  It works though.  When its on the red mark-look for a gas
station.
 I have been riding Triumph motorcycles since the late 50's.  I have only
purchased two motorcycles new-both Triumphs.  One 1971 TR6 Tiger.  (I
currently have a restored Bonney-1971 painted to look like my Tiger, I also
currently own, 1967 T100, fresh resto, 1971 Trident that Im just finishing,
and a 64 TBird, waiting to be restored)
For me the question of parts availability is not an issue.  My son is a tech
at the local Honda Suzuki dealer.  He says they dont stock any parts either.
Having to order parts is an issue we will have to live with, probably with
any of the bikes.

Regards

Burt Barrett
&Big Red