[ST] Aiyyy, I said brakes be there

Well, after a month or so of somewhat mushy brakes, and the fact that
the front pads where still the origional, and 22,000 miles with no brake
fluid changes I decide the take a look at the brakes last night before
my trip. The rears propably had another 5k on them at least, so I
changed them, and then the front. Again they had some distance left on
them, but I decided it's not worth running out of brakes in the
mountains. Changed the pads, and bled the brakes.

Wholly cripes, the bike stops again! Had to move the brake lever on
notch closer. It is funny how you don't feel the bike slowly degrade
over time.

Anyway, same with the front tire, got a new one Tuesday, whoever last
tightened the front axel left the impact gun on a bit longer than they
should have.  It must have taken over 150lbFt of torque to get tha puppy
out of there. Anyway, the front suspension now behaves a lot better. I
wish I could remember for certain who put that tire on the bike.

Anyway, all I have to do now is finish installing the Autocom, the
laundry, the maps, and I will be ready to go.

Again, thanks for all the suggestions, I wanted to correlate the
information last night, but did not get the chance.

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 14 months old, 21,400 miles)
 '00 Yamaha WR400F
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500