Re: [ST] Various Items for a new member to the list...

In a previous email, Kevin Dicks stated:
>  I duly took my eye test, written test (joke !!) and I then

When I moved to NJ from CT I had to take two written tests, one for
automobile and one for MC. Twenty questions mostly about drunk driving.
To get a real estate license you need over 50 hours of classroom and two
lengthy tests. Once licensed you have to take classes for renewal. If a
licensed person really screws up, somebody looses some money. To get a
driving license you just need to answer 16 out of 20 questions and take
a brief road test. If a licensed person really screws up, somebody
looses their life. Go figure.

> worked but the engine light was still on.  They serviced it and reset
> the light and it appears fine now.

No need for a trip to the dealer for the light. I would have reset
itself after 2 or 3 cycles of on, warm-up, off, cool down.

> most of the bike being HD's being ridden by fat b******s in t- shirts
> and shorts who needed 4 lanes to get by.

LOL!

> First time I tried it couple
> people cut me up - don't ever recall this happening in the UK (see above
> re: road manners - and please don't tell me it is just MA drivers as I
> travel a lot (airports !!) and it is the same, IMHO, everywhere in the
> US).  Very sad really - good job I hadn't lost the use of my finger
> though - not very PC I know but made me feel better, the d***k was
> driving a pickup

Yep. Just yesterday a d**k in a P/U truck swerved to cut me off as I
moved to the front of the line at a stoplight

> 3. Way too many HD's on the road - their marketing is on a par with
> Microsoft as they get people to pay $20K for a piece of s**t bike whose
> design is 40/50 years old now.  People buy into the
> hype/marketing/lifestyle/bad ass image - and generally the people who
> ride them are complete d***heads - exceptions do exist as with most
> rules.

Hey, wait a minute there. My brother-in-law rides an HD. Oh yeah. He IS
a d**khead. Never mind.

>  I can't believe people get caught up in the hype for this piece
> of crap - big thing is it is made in the US (no offence intended at all)
> and people drive it because they are patriots - they then hop into their
> Camry's and Accord's when it's raining (have you seen how much chrome
> they put on these things.)

In the word of Elvis, Costello that is, "I used to be disgusted, but now
I'm just amused."

> Anyway enough ranting - it's not all bad over by any means here as gas
> (petrol sorry.) is almost so cheap I laugh when I fill the 22 gallon
> tank on my pickup

You bet. After seeing gas at about 1USD per litre in Europe I figured I
shouldn't complain about 1.35USD per gallon.

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"Only the mediocre are always at their best."
                        -- Jean Giraudoux