Re: [ST] how many of you would spend the money on a new Triumph?

Hi Louis:

From: "Louis Jiannine" <LouJ9@xxxxxxxxxx>

> I am so glad that many of you would buy another Triumph.  This is my first
> non-Japanese motorcycle in my 35 years of riding and I am still a bit
> nervous about the reliability issue.

Don't be.  I've been riding over 30 years and have owned and ridden bikes
from Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki.  In 1997, I traded in a Yamaha and
bought my first Triumph, a Thunderbird, which I still own and ride (my
favorite all time motorcycle).  I bought a BMW R1100S in 1999 (trading in a
Honda ST1100) which I still own and ride. In 2000, I purchased a Triumph
Daytona 955i which I love riding.  I have not had any problems with either
Triumph. None (or the BMW for that matter).  The Triumph are just as well
made as anything on the market and, in my opinion, a good value for a bike
that is produced in limited quantities, compared to the zillions put out by
the Japanese companies..  The engines and transmission are bullet proof and
many of the outsourced parts are the same high quality parts used by the
Japanese manufacturers.  Take care of your bike and you will have no
problem.

> I went to some bike mags from 1999 to 2002 in order to read more stuff on
> the Sprint...guess I just needed a bit of reinforcement for the choice
that
> I made.  (Sounds like a couple hundred miles this weekend are called for).

I do the same thing (i.e., going back and reading articles about the
motorycles I've purchased).  Good thing most of the articles have been very
favorable to Triumphs.

> BTW I note that many of you have monikers that end in "dog".   If that is
> part of the Triumph thing, has anyone taken "Lawdog" yet?
>
> LouJ9

I'm afraid that one is spoken for.

John Westcott
"Law Dawg"