Re: [ST] [Re: Mobil Technical Questions]

Troy Dawson wrote:
"How the "Triumph" 4T is different from the regular Mobil 4T (15W-50)
would be of interest. "

I agree, but what I sent is all I got.  I have the impression the
difference is quite small, if any.  My '02 RS came with an '01 and
before manual and it calls the Racing 4T a 10W-40.  MX4T that I found at
AutoZone was also 10W-40.  TriumphNet calls it 15W-50; thus prompting my
posts on the subject here.  My owners manual specs a semi or fully
synthetic 10W-40 that meets SH standards.  That conflicts with what my
dealer has said, i.e. Racing 4T only.  My dealer is my only ally with
TOA, so I want to stay in his good grace.  However, $45/gallon frosts my
butt pretty good!

I've used regular Mobil 1 in my cars for years; 15W-50 is my favorite
for high performance engines.  I was all set to use that, until Mobil
said it contained extra friction modifiers that would hurt the clutch.

Have any of you tried K&N oil filters?  If you use Triumph filters, what
do you pay?

Do most of you use Racing 4T or something else?

John