[ST] Fuel octane

Almost stayed outta this, but I'm bored.

I may be wrong, but I believe that the manual specifies 89 octane fuel. Not
"regular", or "mid-grade", or "premium"...these are just names the gas
companies made up to fool people into believing that "premium" fuel is
somehow better than mere regular.

Putting an octane rated fuel that differs from the manufacturer's
recommended -either higher or lower- has severe disadvantages. Lower octane
can damage the engine while higher octane can damage the wallet. Putting a
higher than necessary octane fuel into your vehicle doesn't magically create
more HP, it just magically take more money from your bank account.

Until someone convinces me that the compression ratio of our ST's requires
the use of 92 octane fuel, I'll continue with the  89 octane and pocket the
difference.

My .02,

- -Snow Dawg