Re: [ST] Chain tool suggestion

On Sun, 15 Sep 2002, Steve Lawler wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good all-in-one breaker/cutter/riveter that will
> handle a 530 chain? Or possibly a good breaker/riveter?

The new DID tool made some perfect factory looking mushrooms in the rivet
link of the 530-ZVM I put on about 6k ago.  Easily done by this total
amatuer I might add!

I had the guidance of a friend of mine that's a pro mechanic though, else
I might have been trying to interpret those poorly translated instructions
forever.

I used a cutting wheel on the dremel to cut two heads off of the old
chain, then used my old Motion Pro Tool to push the pins out as I hadn't
noticed the new DID tool had this capability too.  Figuring out where to
align the indents in the new tool where the weird part, once figured out
you just turn the crank with a ratchet or equiv until you can't turn
anymore and you're presented with a perfect rivet.

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail