Re: [ST] Latest Tune Question

Steven,

You're correct about the O2 sensor. Can't adjust the idle
CO. My problem was quite severe. The bike stalled several
times while I was riding it. A couple of times while I was
in traffic. It's pretty hard trying to control the bike,
watch cars around you, turn the key on and off and restart.
  The surging was a problem too. As the problem got worse,
it would surge at 50 mph.

by way of Message_Redirector@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> From: "Steven Kohlscheen" <TrumpST@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [ST] Latest Tune Question
> Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 23:07:58 -0500
>
> <<=20
> The driveability problem you describe is caused by a lean=20
> mixture or too little fuel at idle and in the lower rpm=20
> ranges.  My 2000 ST had the same problem and the dealer was=20
> unable to fix it. You may be aware that Triumph requires the=20
> dealers to purchase a Gunison carbon monoxide (CO) monitor.=20
> They are supposed to adjust the idle mixture whenever they=20
> install a new tune. To make a long story short. My bike was=20
> a pain in the ass for about 12 months. I finally bought a=20
> Techlusion FI adjuster and using my own Gunison meter=20
> adjusted the CO at idle to 3%. My ST runs great now. Come to=20
> find out my dealer's Gunison is off by 1.5%.
>
> John H. Seltzer
>  >>

> Problem is the '02 motor has an o2 sensor in it.  They can't set the CO
> level anymore, it does it on it's own.  Or so I've been told.
>
> Ah, so your one of those running that and ignoring the MIL light.  I
> can't bring myself to do that.  Whatever gains may come with the TFI box
> I do not want to loose their warning system.  To each their own.
>
> Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen

> *   *

- --
John H. Seltzer