RE: [ST] Riding Suit

Joel;

I have an Aerostich Roadcrafter, 2-piece suit, have been riding
with it for about 18 months. I bought the two piece because I
wanted the flexibility of using the jacket as a jacket once at
my destination.

For the better part of a year, april '01 thru feb '02, I was
living/working in the Phoenix metro area, now in the bay area.
I used my bike for commuting back and forth to work, and nice long
weekend rides. I wore the suit all summer, open the vents, you are
warm, but still well protected.

On a ride back from Idaho, I rode for the better part of 2 hours
thru very heavy rain. Other than my hands and toes I was bone dry.
I didn't have any probs witht the "weather resistant" as opposed
to "weather proof" nature of the suit.

I have never been down in the suit so I cannot make any objective
comment on the protection abilites of the suit. As far a comfort
goes, I also have a two piece set of race leathers, I almost never
wear them anymore. I ordered the jacket in the high viz yellow,
figuring anything I can do to be seen is a good thing.

The only "problem" I have had with the suit. The main zipper on the
jacket got caught in the lining. In the process of tugging, pulling,
to get it to release the slide portion of the zipper broke. A call
into Rider Warehouse, and a repair kit was on the way, no charge.

I have been very pleased with the suit. If for some reason (lost,
stolen, etc.) I was in the market for another suit, I would buy the
same thing.

Perhaps the best testimonial for my opinion of the suit, is that I
bought my wife one for when she rides her bike.

YMMV

Mark D