RE: [ST] New Triumph paint

Erik Miner wrote...

BFD..............   Triumph took the freaking easy way out for 2003
change
some colors around.. Sliver.. a color they should have done from the
beginning, No suspension upgrades .. looks like ZERO mechanical
upgrades..  C'mon Triumph we are now into the 5th year of production
with
out any real upgrades.. yea yea the 02 had the new motor but that was
just
because they all changed, and it costs them less to manufacture now.

To answer the question posed last week if my 99 ST was totaled tomorrow
would I buy another.. No .  Do I like my 99 sure, but there are now
several
bikes that will out perform the ST.. I REALLY want Triumph to improve
the
ST , not just let it get stale and outdated like the Trophy which it
looks
like they  haven't done anything to it again........

I'm about ready for a new bike, I want to get another Triumph but why..
Damn Triumph give me a  f'ing reason to upgrade!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! The engine has a few more bhp, that's
it. The bike was so good in it's original conception, it's difficult to
see where any upgrades could help. Improving the suspension is an
obvious one but that would be more expensive and change the bike's price
point.

My ST is now 2 and a half years old with 24,000 miles and is still as
good as the day it was new. That's why I'm not upgrading - don't need
to.

I suppose my ideal bike would be a an ST with the Daytona engine and
uprated suspension, but I can see why Triumph don't do that. The
performance of the Daytona engine would only sell with a lighter bike.
Trouble is I find the front end of the Daytona a little skittish and I
just hate those LCD speedos. Plus I like my comfort.

Robert Wilson