[ST] Re: ST improvements

In a message dated 9/19/02 11:57:23 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  No suspension upgrades .. looks like ZERO mechanical
>  upgrades..  C'mon Triumph we are now into the 5th year of production
>  with
>  out any real upgrades..
Had to chime in here.  As a former owner waiting to see what improvements
Triumph might make to lure me back,  I couldn't agree more.  There are many
bikes now available that were not when the ST came out in 99,  Futura, FZ1,
FJR1300  etc.
We took a poll once on recommended improvements and the list is longer than
you think.
Besides the obvious suspension ( I feel this is more a problem with the hefty
riders)  Simple refinements:  Better mirrors(loose the condoms) Dual trip
meters (it is a sport tourer)  Better integrated hard bag setup
(Futura,r1100s) While your at it move the seat lock forward (so you can get
the seat off without removing the bag first) Helmet lock.  The list goes on.
All said it is still a great bike for the money,  Way better than the new and
screwed up VFR (say something Scott).

David "Bird Dawg" Viosca
00 V11S "Kermit"
99ST "Stealthy one" (RIP)