[ST] Fuel Sender Noise

Evening All,

After a week long trip up through the Maritime Provinces (you just HAVE TO
RIDE THE CABOT TRAIL), I brought my '01 ST in for it's 6k service (at 7k,
hey, I was having too much fun in Canada to stop).  Of the list of items that
Great Bay Motorcycles (NH) did for me, they replaced the fuel sender unit
under warrenty.  When I picked up my bike last fall, the howl was awful.  The
shop owner told me that most of them do this, and most often it goes away
before 3k, and the replacements were just as likely to make the noise.  Mine
didn't quiet at all, it got worse, especially as the temperature dropped
below 65F.  Now, not a peep.  I don't know if they replaced it or rotated it.
 Perhaps I got lucky, but now there is a faint whooshing sound, no howl.  At
it's worst, the howl echoed through the neighborhood at early hours of the
morning (I leave for work at 5:45am), and was louder than the engine.  Very,
very annoying.

I hope that all of the shops will replace the sender units as my shop did,
with the same results.

Also, did I mention that the Maritime Provinces are wonderful, and that YOU
REALLY  HAVE TO RIDE THE CABOT TRAIL?

Sean
'01 BRG
'98 XR400 w/ lights