Re: [ST] Re: ST improvements

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Mitchell Miglis wrote:

> I have the PIAA H4 headlamps and they make a world of difference--they make
> the stock headlamps look no brighter than birthday candles. Thought
> overheating might be an issue. Not so, even here in hot Florida weather. I
> got mine at bike week from "Sport Touring Accessories" of N.C.
> (web search should locate). Cost, as I recall, about $85 for the pair.

Holy cripes!  What are the ratings on these $85/pr bulbs?  You can't make
that much more light without drawing a bunch more power, which could
damage the wiring.  The Vision Plus's I put in make a good difference by
using a whiter light which apparently throws farther, at least it looks
like it does to me.  And people still don't flash me for running brights
at night, perhaps my aim is a little off, but it looks great with the
brights up.

But do tell more about these PIAA bulbs, if they through that much more
light I'm all for it!

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail